1 EllRay Jakes is a Rock Star!

EllRay Jakes is a Rock Star!

Written by Sally Warner

Illustrated by Jamie Harper

Reviewed by Keller P. (age 8)

EllRay Jakes is a Rock Star!

Have you ever gone to the principal’s office? In the book EllRay Jakes is a Rock Star by Sally Warner, a kid named EllRay learns that being popular has consequences. In the beginning, kids at school are fighting about whose dad is better. EllRay wants to be cool so he gives away his dad’s crystals. EllRay tries to make it so his dad can’t see that his crystals are gone so he won’t get in trouble. Then, he asks if he can get his dad’s crystals back but Jared and Cynthia don’t give it up right away. EllRay has to do dares to get them back. In the end, EllRay does the dares and gets in trouble for it. There’s no doubt that you have to read the book EllRay Jakes is a Rock Star to see if EllRay gets his dad’s crystals or he winds up in big trouble.

EllRay Jakes is a Rock Star is a book you won’t want to put down. First of all, it is full of suspense. For example, EllRay is getting in trouble and you don’t know what the punishment will be. Second of all, EllRay is loving. For instance, EllRay does these mean but crazy dares just to get his dad’s crystals back. Lastly, it is hilarious. For example, when Alfie says “EllWay” instead of EllRay, it’s pretty funny. As you can see, EllRay Jakes is a Rock Star is a book that rocks.

If you like excitement then EllRay Jakes is a Rock Star is the book for you. Do you like being popular? I give this book 5 stars for teaching kids a lesson on popularity. If you are ages 7-9 then I recommend this book to you. I highly suggest you read EllRay Jakes is a Rock Star by Sally Warner because it rocks!!!!!!!!!!!