1 Melvin Beederman the Grateful Fred

Melvin Beederman the Grateful Fred

Written by Greg Trine

Illustrated by Rhode Montijo

Reviewed by Rafe G. (age 8)

Melvin Beederman the Grateful Fred

In Melvin Beederman the Grateful Fred, Melvin Beederman needs to stop whoever is trying to hurt the Fred of the Grateful Fred. In the beginning, Melvin finds a rat, makes it his pet, and names it Hugo. After that, Melvin finds his partner in “uncrime,” Candace. Next, he meets the McNasty sisters who are NOT very nice. Then, the McNasty sisters help the McNasty brothers escape from jail. In the middle, the McNasty’s trap Melvin and Candace in a bologna factory and their weakness is bologna! And then, well, read the book to find out what happens next.

Melvin Beederman the Grateful Fred is a wonderful book! At the end of each book, Greg Trine puts in something cool. In this one, he put the finalists for the band the Grateful Fred. I like that the characters reference the narrator as a person. For example: someone will say, “Who said that?” Someone else will say, “The narrator.” I like that Greg Trine always introduces new characters. For example, he will introduce Joe the bad guy, and then take him out.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes superheroes because this book has a ton of them! I would recommend this book to first grade to third because it is a good level but anyone can read it! I would recommend this book to anyone who likes reading fiction because this book has a lot of it. Go out and get this book. You will love it!