1 Heidi Heckelbeck Casts a Spell

Heidi Heckelbeck Casts a Spell

Written by Wanda Coven

Illustrated by Priscilla Burris

Reviewed by Mia L. (age 9)

Heidi Heckelbeck Casts a Spell

In Heidi Heckelbeck Casts a Spell, Heidi was thinking of putting a spell on Melanie because she is really mean. Next, she looks for all of the stuff that she will need to cast the spell. But then she goes to her aunt’s house. She tells her not to do it, because it is not a nice thing to do. In the end, Heidi thinks of what her aunt said and wants to do it. So then she goes to the play. She goes up to Melanie. Before she goes on, she casts the spell and makes her forget her lines. Find out what Heidi does to make it up to her.

Heidi Heckelbeck Casts a Spell is a wonderful book to read. I think Heidi is a very good character because she thinks before she makes a decision. In the story, Heidi was thinking of telling her aunt her plan. I really liked the illustrations like when Heidi throws apples at Melanie. I really liked how Melanie looked like Dorothy.

I would recommend this book to 2nd to 4th grade students. One reason is it is a funny book. I think 2nd to 4th grade students would be interested in reading it. If you are interested go and buy it.