1 Because of Winn Dixie

Because of Winn Dixie

Reviewed by Wyatt C (age 9) & James B (age 9)

Because of Winn Dixie

This book is a sad-ish but a heart-warming story. Opal and Winn-Dxie are the best of friends. They go on lots of adventures, but on one adventure it starts to rain and Winn-Dixie goes nuts and runs off. Read the book to find out if Opal finds Winn-Dixie.

Hi, this is James. My favorite part of Because of Winn-Dixie was when Miss Franny thought that Winn-Dixie was a bear! Winn-Dixie was standing on his hind legs and looking through the window. This was my favorite part because it was funny that Ms. Franny Block would mistake a dog for a bear! The character in this book that was my favorite was Otis, because I do not like animals locked up in cages, and neither does Otis. We both like animals having free time from the cages. That is why Otis would let them out and play the guitar for them. The character that I made a connection with in Because of Winn-Dixie was also Otis. The reason that I made a connection to him are the same reasons as why he is my favorite character, and also because I am shy around people, especially when I first meet them.

Hi, I'm Wyatt. My favorite part of Because of Winn-Dixie was the party. This was my favorite because Otis stood and said, “I brought pickles,” and I thought that was funny. The character in this book that was my favorite was Otis because he is a animal lover and I am too. The character that I made a connection with in Winn-Dixie was Otis. The reason that I made a connection to him was because he and I think all animals should be free.

We recommend this book to all kindergartens who like happy and sometimes sad-ish stories. We recommend this book to animal lovers. We make this recommendation because we both love animals and books that have happy sad -ish endings.