1 Because of Winn Dixie

Because of Winn Dixie

Written by Kate DiCamillo

Reviewed by Terrance R (age 10) & Angel H (age 9)

Because of Winn Dixie

A girl, named Opal, went to a grocery store to get a few things, and she came home with a dog! We can't believe that Opal and Winn-Dixie made so many new friends in this book!! Read this book about all the adventures they went on, and all of the new friends that they meet.

My name is Angel, and my favorite part of Because of Winn-Dixie is when Opal went into the store to grab macaroni, tomatoes, and rice, and she saw a dog. The store manager was going to send the dog to the pound, but Opal said that it was her dog. This is my favorite part because Opal was rescuing Winn- Dixie. The character in this book that was my favorite was Gloria Dump because she drank all of the bottles, and she was willing to let Opal see them, and know about all the mistakes that she had made. I actually made a connection with two characters, Opal and Winn-Dixie. I made a connection with both of them because they both like to meet new people and make new friends, and I like to meet new people and make new friends too.

Hi, my name is Terrance and my favorite part of Because of Winn-Dixie was when Opal brought Winn-Dixie home from the store. That is my favorite part because she was suppose to bring home groceries, and instead she brought home a dog, Winn-Dixie. I would do that. My favorite character in this book is Opal. She is my favorite character because she and Winn-Dixie become best friends and go on lots of adventures together. The character that I have a connection with in this book is Otis. The reason I connected with Otis was because he let all of the animals out of their cages and played the guitar for them. He is kind to animals, and he doesn't like to see them in cages, and I don't either. I would play music for animals too.

We recommend this book to people that like animals, and to our moms because they love dogs and they would love this book.