1 Because of Winn-Dixie

Because of Winn-Dixie

Reviewed by Marvin G (age 9) & Gage W (age 9)

Because of Winn-Dixie

A girl named Opal got sent to the Winn - Dixie grocery store for two tomatoes, white rice, and a box of macaroni & cheese....and she comes back with a dog!! Opal named the dog Winn - Dixie since she found him in the Winn - Dixie grocery store! Go with Opal and Winn - Dixie on their fun, and sometimes weird adventures. We won't tell you the best part, but we will tell you this...Winn - Dixie runs away. Read the book to find out if Opal finds Winn - Dixie.

Hi, my name is Marvin, and my favorite part of Because of Winn - Dixie was when Franny Block called Winn - Dixie a bear. This was my favorite part because it made me laugh so hard I started to cry. The character in this book that was my favorite was Otis, because I felt happy when Otis opened the animal's cages and let the animals out and played his guitar for them. The character that I made the biggest connection with in Because of Winn-Dixie was Otis. The reason that I made a connection to Otis is because I like animals and I use to play the guitar.

Hi, I'm Gage, and my favorite part of Because of Winn - Dixie was when Otis let the pets out and played the guitar for them. Opal and Winn - Dixie came in, and Gertrude, a bird, said, “ DOG!! DOG!!,” and the pets ran all around the pet store. That was my favorite part because it made me laugh so hard, it made me fall out of my chair. The character in this book that was my favorite was Winn-Dixie because he has the same character traits as me. He likes to meet knew people, and so do I. He also likes to listen to a good story, and I do too. The character that I made a connection with in Because of Winn - Dixie was Winn-Dixie. The reason that I made a connection to Winn-Dixie was because I'm crazy just like Winn-Dixie and I'm funny like Winn-Dixie.

We recommend this book to the kindergarten classes, because if they like dogs, they would like this book.