1 Because of Winn Dixie

Because of Winn Dixie

Written by Kate DiCamillo

Reviewed by Sophia M (age 9) & Kumatume T (age 9)

Because of Winn Dixie

Opal is a girl that went to the store to get some stuff, and came home with a dog. Come with Opal and Winn-Dixie on many adventures, like when the Dewberry boys say that Gloria Dump is a witch, or when Opal went into Gertrude's Pets and met Otis. In Because of Winn-Dixie you will meet Gloria Dump, Otis, Gertrude (the bird), Sweetie Pie Thomas, and many more friends.

Hi! My name is Sophia. My favorite part in Because of Winn-Dixie was when Otis was in the pet store playing the guitar for all of the pets. The pets were out of their cages, and they were all listening to the music. Opal and Winn-Dixie came in and joined the group. Everything was calm until Gertrude saw Winn-Dixie. Getrude, the bird, started saying, ''Dog! Dog!'' The spell was broken and all the animals started running around the pet store, and Winn-Dixie did too. This is my favorite part because it was funny, and I could picture them all running around the pet store. The character in this book that is my favorite is Miss Franny Block, because when Opal went in the library, Winn-Dixie jumped up on the window and looked in, and Miss Franny yelled, '' Bear! Bear!'' It was funny that she thought Winn-Dixie was a bear. The character I made a connection with in Because of Winn-Dixie was Otis. The reason that I made a connection to him was Otis didn't like to see animals in jail because it makes him sad. It makes me sad too.

Hi, my name is Kumatume. My favorite part of Because of Winn-Dixie was when Winn-Dixie eats peanut butter with Gloria Dump. This is my favorite part because I like how Gloria and Winn-Dixie became friends over peanut butter. I have two favorite characters in this book, Opal and Winn-Dixie. They are both my favorite characters because Opal and Winn-Dixie are good for each other. Winn-Dixie is a very good dog. The character that I made a connection with in Because of Winn Dixie was Otis. The reason that I made a connection with him is because Otis plays the guitar, and I want to learn to play guitar too, just like Otis.

I (Kumatume) recommend this book for my family because I like this book, and I want my family to like this book too. I also recommend this book to people who like dogs.

I (Sophia) recommend this book to my sister, Erinne...even though I know that she already read it, I believe that she liked it. I also recommend this book to people who like dogs.