1 Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Monster Movie

Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Monster Movie

Written by David A. Adler

Illustrated by Susanna Natti

Reviewed by Addison M. (age 8)

In Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Monster Movie, Cam, Eric, and Cam’s parents went to see a movie called the SHOE ESCAPE! Cam and Eric wait in line to get a soda, and they hear someone scream. He was complaining about the popcorn. Then when they got to their seats the movie stopped! Cam thinks that someone stole the tape for the movie. So they go to the projection room but it’s not there! Then they think that Angela Kane, an actress in the movie, stole the tape, so they go to Angela Kane’s house and… well you’ll just have to read the book to find out what happens.

I enjoyed this book because Cam solved the mystery very easily, because she only needed two clues. I like Cam because she is a nice person. I know this because in the book Cam helps people solve their mysteries. In the text Cam says “I’ll find the tape.” I think it’s amazing that Cam never got caught eavesdropping, spying, or trespassing. In the book when Cam is eavesdropping they don’t see her.

I think readers who would like to read this book are kids around the age of 9 because it wouldn’t be too easy or too hard. If you like books about mysteries, monster movies, or kids your age, this is the book for you!