1 Humphrey's Playful Puppy Problem

Humphrey's Playful Puppy Problem

Written by Betty G. Birney

Reviewed by Paulie S. (age 9)

Humphrey's Playful Puppy Problem

Do you have a class pet? The book Humphrey’s Playful Puppy Problem by Betty G. Birney is a book about a hamster who travels to Richie’s house. In the beginning, Richie gets chosen to take Humphrey home for the weekend. Then, when Humphrey gets to Richie’s house he is greeted by a dog named Poppy. That Sunday Richie’s project breaks. In the end, someone fixes Richie’s project at night while someone keeps trying to stop him. You will have to read this book to find out who fixes Richie’s project. Who-who-who!?

Humphrey’s Playful Puppy Problem by Betty G. Birney is a book you will never want to put down. To start with, it is a humorous book. For example, when Poppy a dog kept bothering Humphrey, they even wound up playing fetch! Secondly, the author sometimes leaves a cliff hanger. In fact, when the book says “And I was the only someone who knew what to do,” but it doesn’t tell you who it is. Lastly, the setting is always changing. At first it’s in a classroom but then the next chapter it was at Richie’s house. As you can see, Humphrey’s Playful Puppy Problem is a book you will never want to put down.

If you love hamsters who solve problems, then you’ll love reading Humphrey’s Playful Puppy Problem by Betty G. Birney. Would you like a class pet that’s a hamster? I give this book five stars for all the hilarious moments in it. If you like hamsters and puppies then this is the book for you. I highly suggest you read Humphrey’s Playful Puppy Problem by Betty G. Birney. It will give you, Joy-Joy-Joy!