1 Gifts of the Heart

Gifts of the Heart

Written by Patricia Polacco

Illustrated by Patricia Polacco

Reviewed by Sophia P. (age 8)

Gifts of the Heart

Gifts of the Heart is a good book to read. It has a little story on the first page that gives you some details about what the book will be about. Grandpa was driving a Model A car. Grandma had died in the fall, so grandpa is selling the farm in the spring. Richie and I got a nanny to watch us because Grandpa said that we came home too late and he worked. It was going to be Christmas soon. The girl wanted a ballerina and her rotten red head older brother wanted a train.

My opinion is that Patricia Polacco’s writing makes me picture what will happen next. I love how Patricia Polacco talks about her life. I never knew that Babushka met Grandma. I always admire how she puts real photographs in the back of her book.

I think kids should be at least 7 years old or older because there are some challenging words. This is a very good book to read because it makes you wonder. This book is about Patricia’s family, which I loved. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did. It has a lot of details. Read to find out what happens next in the book Gifts of the Heart.