1 Mr. Lincoln's Way

Mr. Lincoln's Way

Written by Patricia Polacco

Reviewed by Alyssa D. (age 8)

Mr. Lincoln's Way

A principal, named Mr. Lincoln, was a cool principal. There was a bully named Eugene. Mr. Lincoln wanted to change A principal, named Mr. Lincoln, was a cool principal. There was a bully named Eugene. Mr. Lincoln wanted to change Eugene since he likes birds. Mr. Lincoln gets Eugene to A principal, named Mr. Lincoln, was a cool principal. There was a bully named Eugene. Mr. Lincoln wanted to change Eugene since he likes birds. Mr. Lincoln gets Eugene to build a birdhouse. Eugene was still bullying kids because they were different. Mr. Lincoln showed him birds, and how they are different. Will Eugene change?

My favorite part of Mr. Lincoln`s Way is when Eugene leads the duck family to the pond. I thought it was very kind of him since the family did not know where the pond was located. The lesson of this book is it does not matter what your skin color is. While I was reading this book, I was excited because I wanted to see what will happen on each page.

I recommend this book because this book tells an important life lesson for kids my age. If you like books that give you a great life lesson, I recommend this book for you. The illustrations in this book might interest you since they are nice and neat.