1 Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Written by Jeff Kinney

Illustrated by Jeff Kinney

Reviewed by Joey T. (age 9)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

My review is on "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" by Jeff Kinney. The main characters are Greg, Rowley, Roderick, Greg's parents, and Manny (Greg's little brother). The setting is at Greg's house and elementary school. The plot is exciting and interesting. The problem is Greg is in middle school and everything goes wrong. School is filled with morons. Can Greg survive?

Here is an example of something that happened to Greg in the story - On Halloween Greg dressed up as a pirate and his friend Rowley dressed up as a knight. While trick or treating around the neighborhood some teenagers drove by in a truck. The teenagers began spraying them with water until they were drenched. They lost some of their candy. The teenagers began to drive away and Greg shouted, "We're going to call the cops!" The teenagers started chasing them. Greg and Rowley ran to his grandmother's house and hid inside. The teenagers were trying to get in so then Greg and Rowley took off at the back door to Greg's house. When they reached Greg's house they were splashed with water again, this time by Greg's dad who thought they were the teenagers. These types of adventures happened throughout the book. I have never had an adventure like that. That is one of the reasons that I liked this book. I felt like I could experience things because Greg describes them so well.

The author wrote the book from Greg's point of view. The writing in the book looks like kid's handwriting and so do the pictures. All of the things that happened to Greg in the book could happen to anyone. Since I have a little brother, I also know how it feels to have to do things for him, just like Greg was responsible for Manny. My opinion is the book is amazing and makes me feel that the author understands how I think. I have felt a lot of the same things that Greg did in the book and have similar adventures. I would recommend "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" to everyone wanting to have a good laugh.