1 The Tail of Emily Windsnap

The Tail of Emily Windsnap

Written by Liz Kessler

Illustrated by Sarah Gibb

Reviewed by G.G. (age 8)

The Tail of Emily Windsnap

The Tail of Emily Windsnap is a book about a girl who has never been in the water before, even though she lives on a houseboat! Finally her mom lets her start swim class. She’s in for a surprise. Her legs turn into a block of ice and she starts splashing. At first her coach thinks it’s just a cramp. But Emily knows something’s happening and she has to find out!

I love The Tail of Emily Windsnap because it has a lot of adventure. My favorite part was when Emily met a mermaid named Shona at the rainbow rocks because it was nice for Emily to finally meet someone she could talk to about being a mermaid. I did not like Mr. Beatson because he was drugging Emily’s mom. The drugs made her forget about her husband being a merman.

I recommend this book to people who have good imaginations and enjoy reading about mermaids. This book is full of fantasy, adventure and persistence. Emily never gave up trying to find her Dad. If you like this book then be sure to read the other books in this series by the author Liz Kessler.