1 Justin Case: Shells, Smells, and the Horrible Flip Flops of Doom

Justin Case: Shells, Smells, and the Horrible Flip Flops of Doom

Written by Rachel Vail

Illustrated by Matthew Cordell

Reviewed by S.S. (age 9)

Justin is a boy who worries a lot. He is starting a new camp. Most of his friends aren’t there with him. Well, two friends are there. But they are very different from Justin. The new kid likes to play this game called “knuckles.” Yep, you guessed it. It involves hitting people on the knuckles with decks of cards. It is a secret game. So when Justin accidentally tells his parents about knuckles … Well, you have to read the book to find out!

I liked this book because Justin is the same age as I am, and the book is very funny. It was funny because Justin describes things from a cool point of view. This story reminds me of my life because Justin and I both have little sisters that go nuts sometimes. I like the illustrations because they are small but detailed at the same time.

I recommend this book to people who love action, realistic fiction, gummy candy, summer and books like Diary of a Wimpy Kid. If you like this book then make sure to read Justin Case: School, Drool, and Other Daily Disasters.