1 James and the Giant Peach

James and the Giant Peach

Illustrated by Quinton Blake

Reviewed by L.B. (age 8)

James and the Giant Peach

In the book James and the Giant Peach, James’ parents go into the city of London and get eaten by a rhinoceros from the London Zoo. James has to stay with his aunts named Aunt Sponge and Aunt Spiker. Both aunts made James do all the work like chop wood. One day the two aunts see a peach growing while the aunts are talking. James Henry Trotter stops doing the work and sees and old man. He walks over to the man and the man gives him green tongues and the man says, “They can do anything”. By accident James drops the green tongues in the ground and it makes the bugs bigger. When the peach was done growing James climbed in. He saw a door and opened it. When he gets in he sees bugs. All of a sudden the peach starts rolling. You’ll have to read the book to find out what’s next.

James and the Giant Peach is good because in the book a man gives James green tongues and James then drops them into the ground. This is a serious part where something in James’ life might change. This is my favorite part because it made me keep on reading and wondering what would happen next. I liked the Centipede because he was funny and he fought with the Earthworm. I think the Centipede learned a lesson not to dance the top of the peach because he fell off.

Do you like adventurous books? If you do, you will like this book. You can visualize the pictures easily. This book is good for 2nd graders and up.