1 Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules

Written by Jeff Kinney

Reviewed by M.S. (age 10)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules

Do you have a sister or brother who fights a lot? In Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules, there are two brothers that fight a lot. The older brother is Rodrick and the younger one is Greg. Their parents go away for one night and Rodrick has a party. Rodrick is being very nice to Greg. Rodrick said to Greg “this is our party,” but not for long because he was just joking about it being their party. He locks Greg in the basement and the party is all for him. When Rodrick’s mom calls home she says “How are you and Greg doing?” Rodrick says, “We are playing board games and having fun”. While Rodrick is on the phone Greg is still stuck in the basement and he finds an old phone that still works. Greg picks up the phone and says … In order to find out the ending you will need to read the book!

My favorite part is when Rodrick has a party when he’s not allowed to. I was curious if Rodrick was going to get into trouble. In the beginning of the book, Rodrick was being mean to Greg, his brother, and at the end he started being nice. I like the drawings because the writer used talking bubbles. I like talking bubbles because it shows what they are saying and thinking.

I recommend this book to readers who like to laugh and enjoy comics. The two characters are so different it makes the book more interesting,