1 Hunger Games

Hunger Games

Written by Suzanne Collins

Reviewed by Kenny P. (age 14)

Hunger Games

Can you think how you would feel if your little sister was chosen and forced to participate in a game that losing meant death? Well, you would probably feel the same way as Katniss Everdeen did when her little sister was chosen for the annual Hunger Games. Then Katniss, as any other sibling in that situation would do, stepped up and took her sister's place as the girl "tribute" in the Hunger Games. The tributes from each district were pitted against each other in games where the task was to kill the other tribute. What will become of Katniss?

I love this book because I love science fiction books. This book is part of a series and is being made into a movie, scheduled for release sometime in spring 2012. This is like no other book I've read because the author is daring enough to make one of the main themes about government control in people's lives. I don't have a favorite part of the book because I liked it all.

I would definitely recommend this book because it is an awesome Sci-Fi book. I would suggest that readers be at least in the middle school range. I think the plot, the characters, and the setting would interest readers and lovers of Science Fiction!