1 The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig

The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig

Written by Eugene Trivizas

Illustrated by Helen Oxenbury

Reviewed by Hailey (age 7)

The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig, is a fractured fairy tale by Eugene Trivizas. This book was fun to read. It is about three little wolves. They build a brick house and the big bad pig takes a sledgehammer and knocks it down. Next they build a house out of concrete and the big bad pig uses a jackhammer to knock it down. Then they build a house out of chains but he rips it apart. The wolves finally decided to build a different kind of house. Can you guess what it was made of? Read the book to find out!

I like this book. I had fun reading it. I like when the pig ripped up the chain house. I found the pig interesting because it acted the opposite of the pigs in the regular story. The wolves reminded me of my dog. They’re the same color and my dog is crazy like the little wolves. The character in the story who changes is the pig. He changes from bad to good because of something the wolves do.

I would recommend this book to people who like funny fairy tales or are in grades K-2. Anyone who likes to read different versions of the same story should read this story because it changes the story of the three little pigs in a really way.

Hailey
is a student in
Book Club 2