1 Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

Written by Jeff Kinney

Illustrated by Jeff Kinney

Reviewed by Hamza A (age 8)

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

I really like the book. It is about Greg and his three month vacation. He always stays indoors and plays video games.

Then one day it was his birthday. He didn't know if it went more or less as he expected it to be. His mom said he couldn't put the cards in one pile (as he usually did) and then rip each one. So, instead he called everyone to the dining room to open his presents. He said he couldn't wait, but eventually got over it. His worst gift was the ladybug cellphone his mom and dad got him. He said it was useless.

Well, when mom found out that Greg watched a horror movie with Rowley, she would start a Reading is Fun Club. After two days, Greg was the only one in the Reading is Fun club.

I like the book, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days and I want to read the whole series. I think the book is funny because at the end they go to the game center to play games. The clerk said since there were two of them (Greg and Rowley) they could play a death match of twisted wizard. Greg says he could beat Rowley but that was when he realized his hand had been smashed by the mallet. Since Rowley won, he could go to a national tournament or get a hugh box of raisins and Rowley picked raisins. I like the illustrations because the author makes the pictures look real. My favorite character is Greg because the author focuses on him the most and I like the funny things he does on his vacation.

I recommend it for kids who like to read realistic fiction and enjoy humor.