1 Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Written by Rick Riordan

Reviewed by Akhil N. (age 11)

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

This book was about Percy Jackson, the son of Poseidon. He has to fight against a titan lord, who was powerful. Chiron, the master for Camp Half-Blood, let Percy give the orders and do what he needs to do for the battle. They were going to fight a dangerous battle against Kronos. Kronos is the leader of the Titans or the people who wants to take over Mt. Olympus. Percy found out there was a spy at camp, because Kronos told him when Beckendorf and him were on the Princess Andromeda. Kronos took over Luke’s body and used him to get more powerful. Luke was the son of Hermes another Greek God. A girl named Annabeth ran away from her family and found Luke running away with another girl whose name was Thalia. Annabeth’s mother was Athena a Greek goddess. Thalia’s father was Zeus a Greek god.

My favorite character in the book was Percy Jackson, because he was brave and strong. Percy treated everyone nicely. Percy had cool powers. For example, Percy could create a hurricane underneath his feet, and it could also deflect any weapons. Percy is cool because he could breath underwater (he was the son of Poseidon) and get his clothes wet if he wants to or not get his clothes wet. He also saved a Pegasus from the Princess Andromeda. The Pegasus' name was Blackjack. Percy has a golden ballpoint pen. When he uncaps it Riptide grows three feet long. It is made of pure celestial bronze. I think Percy Jackson is cool because, if Riptide is out and far away from Percy it appears back in his pocket.

I liked this book because there were lots of adventures. I also liked this book because there are cool types of fighting’s. Another reason why I like the book is because Percy goes underground, and when he yells the River Styx forms a huge tidal wave and blows Hades’ army and makes them dissolve into the water. The battle at the end occurs in Mt. Olympus. Mt. Olympus is located on top of the Empire state building, although no mortal can see it.

You should read this book because Rick Riordan takes you on a cool adventure. These are the type of books that can take you on a breath taking adventure, mischief, comedy, and a bit of sadness. I would highly recommend it. Don’t forget though, you have to read books 1-4 first.