1 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Written by J.K. Rowling

Illustrated by Mary Grandpre

Reviewed by Justin B. (age 9)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

The summer is here and Harry Potter has to put up with another whole summer with the Dursleys. The Dursleys are the awful family that he has to stay with because Lord Voldemort, killed Harry’s mother and father. So, the Dursleys are Harry’s only living relatives. Harry is so sick of their bad treatment, that all he wants is to go back to Hogwart’s School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He gets a warning while packing that he shouldn’t go back to Hogwarts, but he ignores it. He wants to go back so much and he does. What happens? Find out in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

My favorite part is when Harry opens the chamber because he finds Lord Voldemort plus a basalisk. A basalisk is a giant snake that has been terrorizing Harry through the pipes of the school saying things like, “Rip, tear, shred…” and “Let me kill. I am hungry for blood.” But the basalisk could only speak in parseltongue. And Harry just happens to share the talent of speaking parseltongue with Lord Voldemort himself.

I liked Harry, Ron, and Hermione because they all have strong feelings for each other. Ron and Hermione sometimes get into fights with each other. They sometimes don’t talk to each other for days, but they always forgive each other after a while.

I absolutely adore the illustrations by Mary Grandpre. They are beautiful, even though they don’t have color. She must have taken a day to do each one!

I LOVE this book and I like how the books get better and better and better with each one you read. I recommend this book to any reader who can read very well.