1 Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Written by Jeff Kinney

Illustrated by Jeff Kinney

Reviewed by Andrew S. (age 10)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Diary of a Wimpy Kid is about a kid name Greg who is not that cool. He still needs to survive middle school with a bunch of bully's. How will he do this? What will happen next to this poor kid? Greg and Rowley (his best friend) were just walking by some bully's who they saw on Halloween. These bullies made Greg and Rowley eat the cheese that was on the blacktop for a long time. Anyone who touched it would have the cheese touch. Greg made a good excuse he said, “I would, but I am allergic to dairy.” Can you believe that they fell for it? They still made Greg touch the cheese, and to make it worse they made Rowley eat the cheese by himself. After that, no one wanted to anywhere near him.

Jeff Kinney was very creative in this very unique book. He used an average person's life and made it into a creative book. This made me understand the book because I can relate to the characters. My favorite part was when Greg was in the play Wizard Of Oz. He threw an apple at Dorothy. It was my favorite part because it made me laugh like crazy. I found Greg interesting. He was always trying to find the short cut in every thing. I felt bad for Greg because his little brother Manny is always getting into trouble but his parents just thought it was cute so no punishment was given. Greg got in trouble a lot. In Diary Of A Wimpy Kid, the drawings told more then the book. I can relate these drawings to the author Lynne Cherry because she uses that craft a lot. I thought it was weird when Rowley and Greg were wearing singlets, which is another word for a wresting uniform. It was just wrong!

I recommend this book to students in second grade to fifth grade. I think both girls and boys would love this book. The characters will make you feel like you are part of their daily lives and the drawings will make you want to start your own book about your class. So rush to your local bookstore or library and get Diary of a Wimpy Kid and you will be on the adventure of your life with Greg and Rowley.