1 Dracula Doesn't Drink Lemonade

Dracula Doesn't Drink Lemonade

Written by Debbie and Marcia Thorton Jones Dadey

Illustrated by John Steven Gurney

Reviewed by Morgan L. (age 7)

Dracula Doesn't Drink Lemonade

Have you ever thought Dracula drinks lemonade find out in this book. At Baily elementary school, five kids named Howie, Liza, Eddie, Melody and Huey. They want to find out about Drake, the new Counselor. One day Ben and Howie were fighting. A couple minutes later some mysterious guy came out of the shadows. He had very pale skin a long black cloak and cowboy boots. He stopped the fight and stops Ben from punching Howie. Then the mysterious guy stepped back into the shadow. Then they thought he was going to tell their principal Mr. Davis, they were fighting. They ran into the school to go to Mr. Davis' office, but... he was already there! Mr. Davis introduced them to Drake the new counselor. One day in the cafeteria, Liza showed Howie a mirror, that her mom gave to her. That's it! cried Howie, when he saw the mirror I know how to prove Drake is a vampire if we get his reflection. Do you want to find out more? If you do, read the book

I thought this book was amazing. It has a lot of action! It's a mystery and I love mysteries. Howie knows vampires don't have reflections, so he wants to prove that Drake the new counselor is a vampire! One of the kids, Liza, has a mirror, so Howie uses it to find out if Drake is a vampire or not. When Huey twisted and turned all night and he woke up with purple under his eyes reminded me of a night when I couldn't sleep and when I woke up the next day, I had dark circles under my eyes too.

I recommend this book to kids who like vampires and who love mysteries. You will love the part when Howie uses Liza's mirror to see if he can prove that Drake has a reflection or not. You won't be able to put down this book when Huey is absent from school and the other four kids visit his home to find out if Drake has anything to do with his being out. If you read this book, all your questions will be answered.