1 Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets

Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets

Written by Dav Pilkey

Reviewed by Marie R. (age 8)

I liked the cover of the book because it had Captain Underpants holding a plunger in his hand and a lot of toilets are attacking the two boys, George and Harold.

George, Harold and Mr. Krupp are the main characters of the story. George and Harold are students and Captain Underpants is Mr. Krupp, the principal. George and Harold hypnotized Mr. Krupp into Captain Underpants. Mr. Krupp really thought he was Captain Underpants, but he really was not. The only way to turn Capain Underpants into Mr. Krupp is to pour water over his head. If Mr. Krupp hears snapping fingers around the school, he turns back into Captain Underpants.

Captain Underpants likes to fight crime. Once there were a lot of attacking toilets that ate all the teachers in the school except for Captain Underpants. Captain Underpants shot cafeteria food into the toilets' mouth. Then the toilets spit the teachers out of their mouths. After the teachers were spit out of the toilets' mouths, Captain Underpants turned into Mr. Krupp. Then Mr. Krupp heard snapping fingers again and he turns back into Captain Underpants. Off to another Captain Underpants adventure in another book!

I recommend the Adventures of Captain Underpants. They are really great books because they are funny, interesting and George and Harold drive Mr. Krupp crazy.