1 Eragon

Eragon

Written by Christopher Paolini

Reviewed by Emily L. (age 12)

Eragon

Will the time of the Dragon Riders prevail? Or shall they fall, never to return again? How are you to find the answer?

The answer is within the exhilarating pages of Eragon. Eragon is filled with adventurous journeys through Alagasea, a fantasy world. Eragon, a young boy of seventeen, has found what he thinks is a blue stone while hunting in the Spine, a mysterious mountain range in Alagasea. As it turns out his discovery is not a stone, but the egg of a dragon. As time goes on, Eragon will face not one, but two tragedies. Eragon becomes convinced he has to find the Varden and bring down the Empire. He and his dragon Saphira take the long dangerous journey to the Varden, bringing with them the storyteller in town who seems to know a lot about dragons. They will face a lot of dangers and learn from them. One of the worst is that the entire Empire is after Eragon and Saphira. Will they make it to the Varden safely or will they sadly fail?

The author goes into great detail. For example, he used an entire page describing a lamp! He really makes you feel like you are there! There is no illustrator, but I like this better because you get to picture in your own mind what you think everyone and everything looks like. The characters have very unique names such as Eragon and Brom. The book kind of reminds me of Dragon Rider because it is also about a boy and his dragon.

You should definitely read this book. It is one of the best books I have ever read! I suggest this book for 4th-8th graders.