1 James and the Giant Peach

James and the Giant Peach

Illustrated by Quinton Blake

Reviewed by Tyson K. (age 11)

James and the Giant Peach

James Henry Trotter was a boy whose parents got killed by a rhino and he was sent to live with his aunts. They didn't treat him well and beat him, but James' life changed when an old man gave him a bag with green things in it. But James dropped the bag, and the green things went into the soil and a peach started growing. It became bigger than a house. Then his aunts started making money off it. James went outside and saw a hole in the peach and went in it. He found a door and hit his head on it. Then he went in and found huge bugs and he got scared that they are going to eat him, but they were nice to him. The peach started rolling and killed his aunts. Then they were in the water and the peach started sinking, but they hooked it up to some seagulls and then they flew away. The cloudmen started throwing things at them, but they got away. Then they land in New York and the kids start eating the peach and they all lived happily ever after.

I like this book a lot. It was funny! This was a good story. My favorite part was when they were in the water because the whole peach floated and that was cool. I didn't like the bugs in the story, because I don't like bugs, but I think that James was pretty cool. He was a brave kid. James changed a lot in the story. He got a lot braver than when he was with his aunts.

I recomend you should read this book because it is cool! I think a seventh grader could read this book.