1 Because of Winn Dixie

Because of Winn Dixie

Written by Kate DiCamillo

Reviewed by Ashley B (age 10)

Because of Winn Dixie

Opal does not have a mom. She lives with her dad. Her dad is a preacher in a new place! Opal has no friends in this new place. She is lonely. One day Opal went to the store. While she was at the store, she saw a dog in the store knocking down food. The dog didn't seem to belong to anyone. Opal brought the dog home. Her dad said she could keep him. They named the dog Winn Dixie. Read the story and find out how Winn Dixie helps Opal make new friends.

My favorite part was when Opal went to the store and saw the dog knocking food over. It had to be funny! She must have been really surprised to see a dog in the grocery store. I know I would have been. I felt happy reading this book because both Opal and Winn Dixie found a home and made new friends.

I really liked the book "Winn Dixie". It made me happy when he found a new home. I have a dog and he is happy to live with us. I know that Winn Dixie must have been happy to live with Opal.

The unique thing about this book is how Opal and Winn Dixie helped each other. Winn Dixie helped Opal to make friends in a new place. Opal saved Winn Dixie from the dog pound.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves animal stories and to anyone who loves amazing stories. They will love to read about Winn Dixie.