1 The BFG

The BFG

Written by Roald Dahl

Illustrated by Quentin Blake

Reviewed by BV (age 8)

The BFG

The BFG is about a girl named Sophie and a giant called the BFG. In the beginning, the BFG snatched Sophie from an orphanage and took her to his cave. Then the BFG told Sophie about the other giants. There were nine ugly giants that ate "human beans." The BFG was different because he did not eat human beings. He was the Big Friendly Giant.

Sophie and the BFG became friends. The BFG tells Sophie about nasty snuzzcumbers and a funny drink called Frobscottle. He also describes dream country and his job as the dream blowing giant.

Next, the BFG and Sophie made the Great Plan to let the Queen know why all of the children are disappearing. The BFG creates a dream to blow into the Queen's bedroom. Sophie and the BFG travel to London, to the Queen's palace. If you want to see if the plan worked read the book!

I enjoyed reading this book. The Bloodbottler was interesting character in this book because he is bigger then the BFG and he is the roughest giant. I enjoyed the illustrations in this book because it made my mind explode with excitement. This book reminds me of my little brother because he beats me up all the time. I enjoyed this book because I like to see creatures that I've never seen before.

I recommend this book to people who like adventure. Sophie and the BFG go on funny journeys. This is a dream blowing story. I hope you read this book and I hope you enjoy it!