1 Henry and Mudge and Annie's Perfect Pet

Henry and Mudge and Annie's Perfect Pet

Written by Cynthia Rylant

Illustrated by Sucie Stevens and Carolyn Bracken

Reviewed by Steven H. (age 8)

Henry and Mudge and Annie's Perfect Pet

In the story Henry and Mudge and Annie's Perfect Pet, Annie wanted a dog like Mudge. Henry asked his parents if they could help him find a perfect pet for Annie. They decided to get Annie a bunny because it was soft and dry and did not fly. Henry's parents took Henry, Annie and Mudge to the pet store. They saw the bunnies in the back corner they were quiet and careful like Annie. Annie picked a white bunny and took it home.

My favorite part was when the bunny flew through the air and landed on Mudge's back because it was very funny. Annie was surprised that the bunny could jump that far.

I like Mudge because he liked to drool on Henry's shoe. I also like Mudge because he is funny. I also like Mudge because he is very cool.

I felt excited when I was reading the book because Annie got her new pet. I also was excited when Henry and Annie went biking because it looked like they were going very fast.

I recommend this book because it is funny. I think it is nice that Henry helped Annie find a perfect pet. I recommend this book to first grade and second grade children. It is an easy book to read and it is funny.