1 The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Written by C.S. Lewis

Illustrated by Pauline Baynes

Reviewed by Anna Katherine B (age 8)

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe is a book filled with excitement and adventure when four children enter a wardrobe and discover the magical land of Narnia. They meet all kinds of creatures in Narnia, like Mr. Tumnus. He is half man and half goat, and he has two horns and a little beard on his chin. While the children are finding out a lot about Narnia, they are not safe because the white witch is tracking them down. But Aslan is there to protect them. Now they go to the stone table. Now you have to find out the rest when you read the book yourself. I really love the book that I read called The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe because all the characters seem so real to me and because it has magic in it. I also liked it because it has excitement in it. The most exciting part of the book was when Lucy discovered that the wardrobe leads to Narnia. None of these characters reminds me of a person in my life at all, but it would be fun to meet those characters one day. I read chapter books because they are so exciting and filled with adventure, just like this book. I recommend this book for ages seven and up. People under seven may not be able to understand all the words. I have a ton of characters that I like, including Aslan, Peter, Lucy, Susan, and Edmund. I really think this book is exciting because of all the creatures and the adventures they have. I think grownups will like this book as well as children because it has a lot of fighting.