1 Christmas in the Big Woods

Christmas in the Big Woods

Written by Laura Ingalls Wilder

Illustrated by Renee Graef

Reviewed by Yusuf H (age 7)

Christmas in the Big Woods

Laura and her family are going to have cousins over for Christmas. Their cousins were wearing coats, boots and gloves. Soon they arrived in a carriage. They were all so happy. Everybody was happy because they have more children to play with. The children all loved to play in the snow. Some people were making pictures. They would like to play all night. If they don't sleep Santa Claus won't come so they all went to bed. Soon it was the morning and they rushed through their stuff. Everybody got the same thing except Laura, she got a doll. She named it Charlotte. She carried it everywhere. Soon their cousins had to leave. They all said goodbye and went inside.

My favorite part of the story was when Laura's cousins where playing in snow and making all kinds of things. My favorite character is Laura because she got a doll for Christmas. This story relates in my life because I have a lot of cousins and when we go to parties we all play with each other. That's how I learn to be nice to my cousins. Yes, this story has pictures. They help tell the story when I don't know a word, and I can look at the picture.

I think other people should read this book because it is a good family story.