1 The School Nurse from the Black Lagoon

The School Nurse from the Black Lagoon

Written by Mike Thaler

Illustrated by Jared Lee

Reviewed by Michael Y. (age 8)

The School Nurse from the Black Lagoon

This book is about a school nurse whose name is Miss Hearse and a little boy who had to go to her office. The setting is in the school nurse?s office.

In the beginning everyone in school is afraid to go to the nurse because of the bad stories other kids told. They made up stories about how mean and terrible she is when you go to see her. Then, they told stories about how she treats anyone who enters her office. All the kids are afraid to get sick in school. At the end, a boy had to go to the nurse because something was wrong with his hand. He discovered that the nurse was very nice and all of the stories he hears were not true.

I enjoyed this book. It was funny because a nurse would never do silly things like that. This book is part of a series of Black Lagoon people from schools. This one is different because it about the nurse. In all of the books, it sounds like each of the people are going to do bad things to the kids. My favorite part was when the kid did discover that the nurse was nice, just like ours.

I would recommend this book to anyone my age that likes funny stories. It doesn?t matter who you are, you will laugh when you read and see the funny pictures.