1 Henry and Mudge and the Wild Wind

Henry and Mudge and the Wild Wind

Written by Cynthia Rylant

Illustrated by Sucie Stevenson

Reviewed by Alyssa C. (age 7)

Henry and Mudge and the Wild Wind

This story is about a boy and his dog trying to stay calm during a big thunderstorm. It takes place in the park and in his house. In the beginning, the boy and his dog were playing outside when it became stormy. They were scared so they went inside. The boy?s parents calmed him down by giving him hot chocolate and playing games. At the end, a rainbow came out. Henry and Mudge go back outside. They sniff the fresh air, and they felt the wet leaves.

I enjoyed this book because Mudge was funny when he was trying to hide from the thunder. Mudge tried to hide under the bathroom sink!Henry and Mudge help each other to not be afraid during the storm. My favorite part was when the family played cards together by candlelight. I felt scared as I read the book because it reminded me of a dark stormy night.

I would recommend this book to second graders that like to read the Henry and Mudge series. I think they would like the illustrations and the different stories about a boy and his dog. Henry and Mudge are good friends, and they usually help one another.