1 Amber Brown is Not a Crayon

Amber Brown is Not a Crayon

Written by Paula Danziger

Illustrated by Tony Ross

Reviewed by Sarah C. (age 9)

Amber Brown is Not a Crayon

Amber Brown is a third grader. Her best friend Justin Daniels helps her with fractions. They have sat next to each other since preschool. Their class pretends to travel around the world. Now their class is learning about China. Then Amber finds out that the Daniels are moving to Alabama. Amber helps Justin box his toys that he is keeping. Justin wants to throw way the abc (already been chewed) gum ball that they made together. But then Justin decides to give it to Amber before he goes to Alabama. They have a pizza party for Justin before he moves away and he and Amber keep in touch on the telelphone.

I think this book was good for people that are moving. This book shows you how to cope with friends that are moving away. The illustrations in the book went well with the paragraphs. I like books that have pictures in them. My favorite part is when Justin decides to give the gum ball to Amber. I think when you have a friend and the two friends make something together, both want to keep it. Justin was so kind to let Amber keep the gum ball.

I would recommend this book because it helps friends cope with friends that are moving to different cities, states, continents, and countries.