1 The Boxcar Children- The Soccer Mystery

The Boxcar Children- The Soccer Mystery

Written by Gertrude Chandler Warner

Reviewed by CH (age 9)

The Boxcar Children- The Soccer Mystery

The Boxcar Children: The Soccer Mystery is a very mysterious book. In the beginning, the Aldens try out for the soccer team. The older members of the family teach Benny and Violet how to play. They are the youngest in the family. At Benny and Violet's first game, their best player Elena was locked in the locker room and someone was spying on the Aldens to see how good Gillian was at teaching her team. Then, all of the soccer balls were deflated so they had to pump them back up. Someone was trying to make Gillian's team lose so Gillian wouldn't get a special job. Will Gillian get the special coaching job and will the Alden's figure out who is doing bad things to their team?

I really enjoyed this book. One reason why I enjoyed this book is because I can relate to it. Benny likes cake, and I love cake. The Aldens are very lovable. There's a huge mystery going on, but the Boxcar Children never stop! They always solve the mysteries! They are very helpful people and I know they'd help me if I needed help with soccer. The last reason why I enjoyed this book is because it's a mystery. I really thought this book was amazing because the characters are helpful, I can relate to it, and it's a mystery.

I really enjoyed the illustrations in my book. One reason why is because it isn't colorful so you can imagine the colors by yourself. Another reason why is because they have a lot of details. Last, the pictures help me understand the story. The illustrations are awesome.

I recommend this book to kids who love mystery books. It explains how to find clues. It also tells you how to hide. I learned how to solve mysteries. This is a great book for kids who love mystery books.