1 The Magician's Nephew

The Magician's Nephew

Written by C.S. Lewis

Illustrated by Pauline Baynes

Reviewed by Nadir I (age 10)

The Magician's Nephew

This book is about a boy named Digory and his friend Polly and they are exploring different houses by going through attics. Somehow they get into Digory's uncle's workroom and they touch the possessed rings. When they get into the wood between the worlds they go into a depressing world and then the chase with Jadis begins. Digory's sick mother is helpless while Digory is helping Aslan in Narnia. Will Jadis get power over the two kids? Will Digory's mother ever get better? Read the book to find out.

My favorite character was Aslan, I liked him because he was the leader of the group and he was always kind and fair. This book is kind of like The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe because there are kids who get in a lot of trouble in different worlds but it turns out good in the end. My favorite part was when the talking animals buried uncle Andrew. I liked it because it was really funny and everyone was laughing when we read that part. This book is part of the Chronicles of Narnia series; it is similar to the other books because there are kids that keep switching between Narnia and London.

I would recommend this book to people who like to be kept in suspense at the end of chapters because that will happen to the reader at the end of every single chapter!