1 You Can't Scare Me

You Can't Scare Me

Written by R. L. Stine

Reviewed by Logan P. (age 9)

You Can't Scare Me

Courtney isn't scared of anything. She makes Eddie and his friends look like scared cats. Now Eddie's had enough. He has to scare Courtney now. He has a great plan. He's getting Courtney to Muddy Creek. Eddie knows the rumor about mud monsters that live in the creek. This is how the legend goes--Some settlers were very poor. They couldn't build houses, so they set up huts along the creek. Then one night, it rained so hard with hurricane winds that the creek rose and destroyed the village. Nobody helped them. Nobody lived from that storm. There was nothing left and all the people died. But now, when the moon is full, the people come up, not alive, but dead; as monsters--Mud Monsters. They come up from their graves and dance. They seek revenge on the town's people for not helping them. It's only a legend, right? Eddie doesn't believe it. Well, he just might after this. R.L. Stine will keep you at the edge of your seat, as you read this scary book. To find out what happens to Eddie read this book.

My favorite part is when Eddie drops a spider in Molly's hair. She screams and screams. It is so funny. Then she points up. The gym teacher finds them up on the balcony. Does he give them a detention, or does he let them go? You have to read this book to find out.

This book is in the "Goosebumps" series. These are horror books. I like Hat because he's always chewing bubble gum. He never ever takes off his hat because his hair is ugly. I don't like Courtney because she's a show off. It is amazing how she can hold two bees in her hand. It is also annoying. This book is for people who like and can understand horror books. These books get creepier and creepier as the story ends. Kids around 4th grade will like this book.