1 Magic Treehouse: Afternoon in the Amazon

Magic Treehouse: Afternoon in the Amazon

Written by Mary Pope Osborne

Reviewed by student in Ms. L.'s 3rd Grade Class

The book Afternoon on the Amazon is a great book. Jack and Anne, the main characters, look for their pet mouse Peanut. They find Peanut and a book about the Amazon. They suddenly find themselves in the Amazon rainforest.

In the middle, alligators and piranhas try to eat them. They look for the tree house. They find a baby jaguar. The mother jaguar protects her baby.

In the end, they find the tree house but cannot find the book that takes them home! Suddenly they find out that vampire bats are coming! Will they ever get home, and will they get eaten? Find out in Magic Tree House: Afternoon on the Amazon.

My favorite part is when the monkey gets chased by the jaguar. I like this book because it is funny. It is funny because Jack and Anne are afraid of a monkey. Another reason I like this book is it has pictures in black and white. I also like this book because I read other books by the same author.

I recommend this book to readers who like adventures. This book is an adventure because they go to a rainforest.