1 The Mysterious Matter of I.M. Fine

The Mysterious Matter of I.M. Fine

Written by Stanley Diane

Reviewed by Alexis M. (age 11)

The Mysterious Matter of I.M. Fine

Strange and mysterious events happen in The Mysterious Matters of I.M. Fine. When school kids everywhere read the Chiller Series books, something terrible happens. Kids get huge aching headaches that make them feel like their heads are going to explode. They start behaving strangely, like falling to the floor and slithering like a snake. That?s why two kids, Franny and Beamer, are trying to investigate why I.M. Fine, the book author, is doing this terrible thing with his books. Their search for the mysterious author leads them to find more than they expected. Find out more by reading this book.

I think this book is mysterious and little strange at the same time. For example, in one scene a little girl almost drowns when she falls into a swimming pool after seeing a ghost.

My favorite character is Beamer. Beamer shows a great sense of humor, although he is sometimes scared. Even when he is scared Beamer is always cracking jokes.

The author does a great job writing this book. I feel like I?m in the story, and I easily imagine what the kids are doing. I actually feel like an FBI agent investigating with them. There were plenty of surprises along the way that I didn?t see coming.

This story reminds me of when I was investigating who was taking my pop tarts. I had to do a lot of detective work like Franny and Beamer to find out who was stealing them.

I recommend this book to people or kids who like adventure and mysteries. It has something for everyone!