1 The Trojan Horse How The Greeks Won The War

The Trojan Horse How The Greeks Won The War

Written by Emily Little

Illustrated by Michael Eagle

Reviewed by Sabrina O. (age 8)

Three-thousand years ago there was a land called Turkey, and there was a stone wall on top of a hill. In Greece, one day a messenger came and said that Menelaus' wife was captured in Troy. Then Menelaus said that they would have to go to Troy and get her. When they arrived there was a war, so they couldn't get in until Odysseus had an idea. They all went to get wood and made a wooden horse. All of the Greeks got into the horse. Then one of the Greeks stayed out and told them that it was a present for Athena the Goddess of War and Wisdom. The Trojan people took the horse inside Troy and had a big party. Later the Trojan people were asleep, so the Greeks came out of of the horse. They set buildings on fire and many peple died. Long after this happened an archeologist came and found a golden crown, bronze and gold.

My favorite part is when one Greek said that this is a present for Athena Goddess of War and Wisdom because the Troy people would get destroyed. My least favorite character is Priam because he doesn't let anyone go into Troy. This story relates to my life because I wouldn't let my sister come into my room just like the Troys wouldn't let the Greeks come in. Pictures help tell the story because they show the horse so you can see what it looks like.

I think others should read this story because you can learn about the past.