1 The Three Investigators: The Mystery of the Vanishing Treasure

The Three Investigators: The Mystery of the Vanishing Treasure

Written by Robert Arthur

Reviewed by Courtney W. (age 7)

The Three Investigators:  The Mystery of the Vanishing Treasure

One day a lady named Miss Agawam noticed that somebody or something was taking stuff from her backyard. Lots of stuff was taken - a belt that was drying, a blanket, and a few of her flowers. She called the three investigators to come solve the problem. Jupiter, Pete, and Bob thought the thieves were gnomes because one night they found a tunnel and went in. There was a door. Bob opened it and went in, then Jupiter then Pete. Who else but gnomes could have had a tunnel and a door so small? The boys kept gathering clues and soon they solved the mystery.

I think this book is good because I like mysteries and this is a mystery book. The way the author wrote the book made me want to finish the book. My favorite part is where they help Miss Agawam solve the mystery of who is taking her stuff. I like the way the Three Investigators put all the clues together and solve the mystery. My favorite characters are Jupiter, Pete, and Bob because they are funny. For example, when they find a fake bear, they think for a minute it was real, and they start to jump up and down and scream.

I recommend this book to people who like mysteries and to people who don't like mysteries. If you don't like mysteries, you'll like the funny way that the Three Investigators solve the mysteries. If you don't like mysteries, you'll just like the story because it will draw your attention to the end.