1 Skeleton Man

Skeleton Man

Written by Joseph Bruchac

Illustrated by Joseph Bruchac

Reviewed by Shanice P. (age 8)

Skeleton Man

This story is about a girl named Molly and her so-called uncle, Skeleton Man. Molly came home from school one day and her parents were gone. She stayed awake for awhile, then she fell asleep. The next day a man trying to say he was her uncle came to get her. He brought her to his house. She had to stay in one creepy room. He locked the the room so she wouldn't escape. He tried to make her eat drugged food, but she put it in a little canister so she didn't eat drugged food. Then she had a dream about a rabbit. The rabbit told her that her parents are still alive. Will she help them escape? Read the book to find out.

I kind of liked this story, but it was kind of creepy. I felt scared for Molly. She had to face Skeleton Man. My favorite part was when Molly thew a rock at a window to distract Skeleton Man so she could save her parents. I liked this because Molly was brave. I like brave people. Molly is my favorite character because she was very brave when she had to face Skeleton Man when he was chasing her.

I recommend this book to children over eight who like creepy stories. Don't read it in the dark by yourself, though!