1 Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets

Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets

Written by Dav Pilkey

Reviewed by Chas H. (age 8)

In the beginning, George and Harold make a comic book named "The Attack of the Talking Toilets." They want to enter the Science Fair in order to win the Grand Prize of being Principal For The Day but they aren't allowed to enter. To get back at everyone, George and Harold go to the Science Fair and wreck everyone's inventions except Melvin who discovers them. George and Harold use their comic book and mess with Melvin's invention and bring the Talking Toilets to life. They have to call on Captain Underpants to help them. Read the book to find out more.

I liked the book because it is funny. There are funny things in the book like George and Harold changing the signs from "Pick your own roses." to "Pick our noses." and "Please wear your socks on the gym floor." to "Please pee-pee on your socks for warmth." There are other Captain Underpants books but this is best because it is really action-packed and cool with a lot of fighting to save the day. Captain Underpants is able to slow the Turbo Talking Toilet down with his special powers. The illustrations are all in black and white but they still are interesting to look at. There are many things hidden in the illustrations and that makes you want to really look at them for a long time.

You should read this book if you like funny stuff like action comic books. If you don't like comic books or if you don't like people whose names starts with "G" or "H", don't read this book.