1 City of Light, City of Dark

City of Light, City of Dark

Written by Avi

Reviewed by Joshua B. (age 12)

This book is about spirits that own an island and in order to live on this is land every year someone in particular had to return ?the? coin to the spirits (Curbs) or the city would freeze. No one has ever seen the Curbs. Each year the coin is put in a certain place at a certain spot and the time is 12:00 noon.

My opinion of this book is that it is a really good book, because it?s mysterious, and it?s a comic book and it?s cartoonish. I like mysteries because I like to figure out what is going to happen next. My favorite part was when two of the characters made a plane but it could not fly because there was no engine. ?The coin? had power that could make the plane fly, so they used it to make the plane fly. All they had to do was hold the coin really tight and think of the plane fly. This story reminds me a lot about my life because in this story two of the main characters friends are really adventurous, and so are my friends and I. This book is like some other books I?ve read because it's fantasy and it has supernatural things that real life doesn't have. I?ve read a lot of books like that. My favorite is Jackie and me.

In conclusion this book is a really good book and I really like it this book would be a good book for anyone who likes sci-fi, or fantasy. This book is very adventourous and good for anyone who likes that kind of stuff.