1 Into the Land of the Unicorns

Into the Land of the Unicorns

Written by Bruce Coville

Reviewed by Melissa M. (age 12)

The book Into the Land of the Unicorns is about a girl named Cara. She finds out that she must save her Grandmother from their long time enemies, the Hinters. When the only way to save herself and her Grandmother is to go into the magical land of Luster, she has no choice. On her journey into Luster, she meets many magical creatures. But as Cara advances through Luster she is put to the many tasks that could mean death. Read the book to find out if Cara makes it through the adventures of the Unicorn Chronicles.

My favorite part of the book was when Cara saved Fire Throat, the most powerful dragon in Luster. This was my favorite part because Cara had to choose between family or friends. The characters I liked were very interesting. The character I liked the most was a unicorn named Light Foot. I liked him the best of all the characters because he was the most lovable. The character that changed the most was Cara. She changed the most because she went from a spunky 12 year- old to a mature 13 -year old at the end.

I would recommend this book because it exercises your brain. It really makes you think about what will happen next. I would also recommend this book to people who have an extensive imagination. I would recommend this book to children from ages 10-12.