1 Things Not Seen

Things Not Seen

Written by Andrew Clements

Reviewed by Melanie Mc. (age 12)

One morning Bobby got up and did what he did every morning. He got in the shower but he wasn?t there when he got out. Well he was there but he wasn?t visible! He didn?t know what happened. It then turns into a race to turn Bobby back before his parents go to jail because Bobby hasn?t been in school for a while and his parents don?t want the state to know that Bobby is invisible.

I really liked this book. I didn?t want to put it down. I liked to because there was a turn in every chapter. There was a turn in every chapter because one minute they were behind and the next minute they were ahead of finding a solution. Bobby was the character that changed the most. I think he changed the most because he never would have talked to Alicia if he had not turned invisible. He wouldn?t have talked to her because she is blind. The book Things Not Seen is like another book by the same author. This book is like the book Frindle. They are alike because the main characters both have determination. Bobby is the character with determination because he wants to change back to normal.

I would recommend this book to kids in 5th, 6th, and 7th graders. I would recommend it to 5th graders because it is easy to read. I would recommend this book to 6th and 7th graders because it is an adventure and kids in 6ht and 7th grade usually like to read about adventures. I would also recommend this book to people who like to read about unexpected friendships.