1 Soldier's Heart

Soldier's Heart

Written by Gary Paulsen

Reviewed by Kylie J. (age 12)

This book, Soldier?s Heart,is about a boy named Charley, an eager 15 year old. Charley has a change of heart after experiencing both the physical horrors and mental problems of the Civil War combat. Charley went to war and saw horrible and dreadful deaths of friends and of others.

I think that this book was very good. I like this book because it was about history and I like history. The character I thought was the most interesting was Charley because he is brave enough to go to war and see all those brave soldiers die. The character that changed the most in the book was Charley because he didn?t care about anything or anyone but himself, until he went to war. When he came back from the war he cared about everything and everyone around and he started thinking a little less about himself.

I like this book and I think other teenagers should read this book because most teenagers like sad and bloody stories. I think that people who don?t like bloody and sad books should not read this book. People who like war stories should read this book.