1 Look to the North, A Wolf Pup Diary

Look to the North, A Wolf Pup Diary

Written by Jean Craighead George

Illustrated by Lucia Wachburn

Reviewed by Taylor A (age 9)

Look to the North, A Wolf Pup Diary

The story is about the first 10 and a half months of three wolf pups. The story begins with the pups being one day old. They live with their mother and father. The author named them Boulder, Scree, and Talus. When they were born each only weighed one pound. When they were ten days old they started playing with each other. Mother and father wolf protect and feed them. When they are about six months old they begin hunting on their own. By ten and one half months they are considered young adult wolves and no longer rely on mom and dad to take care of them.

I like the story because it is about wolf pups and how they grow up and I really like animals. The pups remind me of my own dog even though my beagle is small. I had to take care of him too until he got older. I have read other books about wolves but I really like this one because it tells you exactly how old they are and what they are doing at that age.

I recommend this book if you are interested in learning about wolf pups and how they grow up. I think you should be in second grade or older to read this book because it is kind of hard to read. I really like the authors style because she put the age of the pups at the top of each page and then told what they did at that age.