1 Welcome to Dead House

Welcome to Dead House

Written by R. L. Stine

Reviewed by Megan J. (age 11)

I read Goosebumps Welcome to Dead House by R.L. Stine. This book is about when Josh and Amanda moved into their new house and how they hated it. There are a couple of big ideas in this story. One of them is when a bunch of bullies formed a circle around Petey the dog and Josh. Josh and Petey?s mouths dropped to the ground. They knew that there was going to be trouble. I think that R.L. Stine was trying to communicate with the readers to create fear and anxiety.

My favorite part of the story is when Josh let Petey outside and then Josh went to bring Petey back in and he was gone. Josh went through a bunch of trouble when they found out that Petey was up in Josh's room the whole time. There is something very special about this book. This book makes you wonder if some of these details are true or not. Nobody knows. This story reminds me about something in my life. When I was at a party on Halloween night, they made a haunted house similar to the spooky one of this book. It was also called the Goosebumps Haunted House.

I recommend any book in the Goosebumps series because I like to read mysterious books. Any level reader would probably like to read these books. The part that I think people would be most interested in was when Josh and Petey got beat up and embarrassed in front of the whole entire school.

This would be a spectacular book for people who like mystery or adventures. They would also like to read it if they like books in a series by the same author.