1 The Napping House

The Napping House

Written by Audrey Wood

Illustrated by Don Wood

Reviewed by Joseph O. (age 9)

The Napping House

This story is about one little bed and a granny, a child, a dog, a cat, a mouse, and a flea. The house was clean and quiet. Everyone was asleep. The granny and the child were sleeping together. Then the dog, cat and mouse join the granny and the child. Then the mouse and the flea join the rest of them in the cozy bed. All of a sudden, the flea bites the mouse and that wakes everyone up. The granny brakes the bed! After that, funny things happen inside the napping house. Read the story to find out what happens to the gang.

This story reminds me of my bed because my bed is comfortable and my dog always jumps on me while I am sleeping just as in the Napping House! As I read the book I felt happy, because the book was funny, and I was laughing inside. My favorite part was when the granny broke the bed. I like that part because it is funny and she laughs like me.

I recommend this book because it is funny and I like this book. It is funny to see all of the people and the animals wake up and fly into the air. I recommend this book to sick and mentally ill babies, children, and adults because I think it will cheer them up and make them laugh. People who are not ill can enjoy this book too.